Looking for new activities that will fit into your busy schedule? Try these tips to get you and your kids moving more:
- Dance to your favorite music. Or, dance to your kid's favorite music!
- Limit your "screen time"- the time you spend in front of the TV, video games or computer (for non-school work) - to 2 hours each day
- Be active while watching TV. Use a stationary bike, treadmill, stair climber or small weights
- No equipment, no problem: Pilates, yoga and tai chi are great for toning, balance and flexibility
- Stretch! Stretch! Stretch!
- Play with your kids: shoot some hoops, jump rope, or play tag
- Walk your kids to school or volunteer to chaperone a Walking School Bus
- Take family walks after dinner
- Go for a run or ride your bike. Or, run and have your kids bike beside you. Choose child-safe route
- Walk to the grocery store and to other errands
- Plant a garden
- Mow the lawn, with a rotary mower
- Learn a new sport: tennis, hiking or rollerblading
Visit the following websites for more ways to get outside and explore our town: