FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. When is The Amazing Race?
The Race is on Saturday, September 22, 2018 - Rain or Shine.
2. What time does it start?
The race begins at 1:00 PM at Cordage Commerce Center in North Plymouth. Teams should arrive by 12:15 PM for registration. Teams may also participate in a warm-up led by World Class Fitness Instructors from Plymouth Fitness.
3. What is the location of the race?
The race begins and ends at Cordage Commerce Center in Plymouth, MA. Teams will enter Cordage and drive to the right side of the business park, following signs to the registration area by the old Terra restaurant. The race course will travel throughout the historic North Plymouth area to 10-15 pitstops where challlenges will be completed.
4. When is race registration?
Registered teams should arrive at Cordage Commerce Center in North Plymouth, MA at 12:15 PM for race registration.
5. Who can participate in the race?
The race will include teams of four people ages 10 and up. Each team must have at least one adult age 18 or above.
6. How much does the race cost?
The registration fee for each race participant is $25. Individual team fundraising is encouraged and will be rewarded!
7. What is the expectation for individual team fundraising?
Individual team fundraising is not mandatory, but each team is encouraged to work towards a goal of $500. Share your individual fundraising page with friends and family. Prizes will be awarded for the top fundraisers.
8. How do I register for the race?
9. Who do I contact if I have questions?
All questions can be directed to Regina Sherman, Amazing Race Chairperson at email@example.com
10. How do I become a sponsor?
11. Are there prizes for the race winners?
Yes, there is a $400 cash prize for the first place team. Prizes will also be awarded to the second and third place teams, top fundraisers, team with Best Costume and team with Most Team Spirit.
12. When does the race end?
Teams will race from approximately 1 PM-3 PM and then all teams will return to Cordage Commerce Center for the after-party.
13. What happens at the after-party?
There will be food - generously provided by Mamm Mia's - and music and prizes at the after-party.
14. What is Healthy Plymouth?
Healthy Plymouth is a volunteer organization working to make a difference in the lives of youth by creating free, engaging programming in the town of Plymouth as a substance abuse prevention strategy. Healthy Plymouth works with committed community partners, including Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth, the Plymouth Youth Development Collaborative and Plymouth Public Schools. Through the generous support of our sponsors we have positively impacted the lives of Plymouth youth with programs including:
- April Vacation Camp - 300+ middle school students participate in a wide variety of fun programs each year
- Coffee House - Student performers exhibit their talents and mingle with peers in a positive social environment
- Healthy Plymouth Opportunities Program - Job fairs, career training and resources connecting teens to opportunities for internships, volunteerism and employment
- School Gardens with Terra Cura, Inc. - Providing 13 organic, edible gardens throughout the Plymouth school district, intergenerational cooking classes and after-school garden programming
- Peer Helper Program – older and younger students to work together, planting the seeds of respect, friendship and empathy that create a positive school climate and help build community
15. What does Healthy Plymouth’s Amazing Race raise funds for?
The Amazing Race fundraiser will fund Healthy Plymouth's school garden programming, led by Terra Cura, as well as expand our Peer Helper program to an after-school model for grades 6-8.
Registration is open! Register now to secure your team’s spot.