2 (5-ounce) cans tuna packed in water
3 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 apple, washed, cored, and chopped
1⁄4 cup raisins
1⁄4 cup chopped toasted walnuts, pecans, or almonds
1 carrot, well scrubbed or peeled, grated
1. Drain the tuna: Set the colander in the sink, then use the can opener to open each can and carefully empty the tuna into the colander. Using the fork, press down on the tuna to squeze the liquid out. Allow it to drain away.
2. Put the drained tuna in the bowl and break up any clumps with the fork.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
4. Cover and, if you can, refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to overnight to let the flavors mingle.
Can opener, Colander, Medium-sized bowl, Fork, Measuring spoons, Measuring cup, Sharp knife (adult needed), Cutting board, Vegetable peeler, Grater
- "Cored" means with the steam and hard center part removed.
- To toast the nuts, put them on a small baking sheet in a 350-degree oven until they are fragrant and look a shade darker, about 5-10 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of http://www.chopchopmag.org/