¼ cup slivered almonds
1 cup dry jasmine rice
2 cups water or reduced-sodium chicken stock (sodium content will be higher with stock)
1 T. reduced-sodium soy sauce
1. Sauté almonds in a pan on medium heat until almonds start to turn tan in color.
2. Add rice and sauté for 1 minute.
3. Add water or stock and cover.
4. Lower heat to low and cook for about 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
5. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
6. Fluff rice.
7. Serve with Stir Fried Stir Fried Shrimp (see recipe under Main Dishes); enjoy a cup of black or green tea with it!