Maple Flavored Sauté Butternut Squash Provence
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1 Tablespoon canola oil
3 lb butternut squash-peeled, seeded and cut into ¾ inch cubes
1 cup water
6 Tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon Herbs de Provence
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1. Melt butter and canola oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
2. Add squash; stir during sauté for 1 minute.
3. Add water, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, Herbs de Provence, salt and pepper.
4. Lower heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Squash should be almost cooked.
6. Remove squash to a bowl using slotted spoon.
7. Reduce liquid in pan to syrup consistency.
8. Add squash back to pan and cook until tender-stir gently.
Makes 9 servings
Carbohydrate 27 grams
Protein 2 grams
Total Fat 7 grams
Saturated Fat 3 grams
Fiber 3 grams
Sodium 118 mg
Excellent source of Vitamins A & C, and Potassium
Low in sodium
Recipe created by Jerry Levine for the Delicious & Healthy Cooking on a Budget series
Nutrient Analysis completed by Marcia Richards RD