Mixed Berry Crisp
1⁄2 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
1⁄2 cup plus 2 tablespoons rolled oats
1⁄4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons olive oil or melted unsalted butter
3 Tablespoons real maple syrup
6 cups mixed berries (or another fruit, cut into berry-sized pieces)
1 Tablespoon whole-wheat flour
1. Turn the oven on and set it to 350 degrees.
2. Make the crisp: Put the flour, oats, walnuts, and salt in the bowl and mix well.
3. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and maple syrup, mixing with a fork as you go. Mix until crumbly.
4. Make the filling: Put the berries and remaining 1 tablespoon of flour in the pan and mix well. Top with the crisp mixture.
5. Put the pan in the oven and bake until you can see the berries bubbling and the crisp is lightly browned, 25–30 minutes. Serve hot, warm, at room temperature, or cold.
Cutting board, Sharp knife (adult needed), Measuring cup, Measuring spoons, Mixing bowl, Mixing spoon, Fork, 8 x 8-inch baking pan, Metal spatula, Pot holder
HANDS-ON TIME: 15 MINUTES | TOTAL TIME: 45 MINUTES | MAKES: 9 SERVINGS
Recipe courtesy of http://www.chopchopmag.org/