Stir Fried Shrimp with Chinese Vegetables
1 lb. Shrimp, 26-30 count; shell removed and defrosted, purchase brand that has no sodium tripolyphosphate
1 medium-sized onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon canola or peanut oil
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced fine
1 cup red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch x ¼ inch slices
2 cups sugar snap peas, cut into 2-inch lengths
2 cups broccoli florets cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tablespoons ponzu sauce or low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 cup + 2 tablespoons reduced sodium chicken stock
1. Place defrosted shrimp; ginger, ponzu or soy sauce, rice wine vinegar in a dish; marinate for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet/wok over medium-high heat.
3. Add onion and garlic; stir fry for 2 minutes.
4. Add marinated shrimp to the skillet/wok; stir fry for about 3 minutes.
5. Mix corn starch with 2 tablespoons of chicken stock; mix well to remove any lumps and set aside.
6. Add the broccoli, snap peas, and 1 cup of chicken stock to the skillet/wok and cook until the vegetables are tender. Remove skillet/wok from heat.
7. Stir the corn starch and 2 tablespoons of chicken stock that was set aside; add to the stir fry mixture and mix well.
8. Serve over jasmine rice (see recipe in Side Dishes)