White House Warm Baked Apples with Dried Cherries and Raisins
1 to 2 teaspoons safflower or canola oil
6 Golden Delicious, Granny Smith, or Macintosh Apples
2 Tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
8 Tablespoons dried cherries and raisins or any other dried fruit you like (including cranberries or currants or chopped dried apricots or prunes)
6 teaspoons honey
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your kitchen gear and ingredients and put them on a clean counter.
1. With the help of your adult, turn the oven on and set it to 375 degrees.
2. Using a pastry brush or your clean hands, lightly coat the muffin tins with oil to prevent the apples from sticking to the tins.
3. Remove the core of the apples by using a melon baller or a spoon.
4. Lightly prick around the tops of the apples with a fork (this prevents the apples from splitting).
5. Put the apples in the muffin tins and then fill each apple with 1 teaspoon orange juice concentrate, 1 tablespoon dried fruit, and 1 teaspoon honey.
6. With the help of your adult, put the muffin tin in the oven and bake until the apples are soft, about 30 minutes. Serve warm.
6-cup muffin pan, Melon baller or spoon, Fork, Measuring spoons, Potholder
HANDS-ON TIME: 15 MINUTES | TOTAL TIME: 45 MINUTES | MAKES: 6 SERVINGS
Recipe courtesy of http://www.chopchopmag.org/